Theme: “Sunog at Sakuna Paghandaan, Kalikasan ay Pangalagaan Nang Matamasa ang Pag-Unlad ng Bayan”
PROGRAM OF ACTIVITIES
March 1, 2013(Fri)
4:00 am - UNITY-WALK (“Walk for a Fire-Free and Fire-Safe Nation” )
(Route) Esplanade via Gen. Luna St., Iznart St., – J.M. Basa St. and Freedom Grandstand…followed with a short Program
6:30am – 7:30am – MOTORCADE (Parade of Firetrucks),EMS Vehicles, Volunteer Fire
Brigades and other Volunteer groups with Berong Bumbero.
Route: Iloilo City Fire Stn – JM Basa St – Iznart St – Bonifacio Drive – Huervana St. – Rizal St. – Luna St., La Paz – E. Lopez, Jaro – Plaza Jaro via Rizal St – Washington St., Simon Ledesma – Lopez Jaena – Sambag – Diversion Road – Taft North – Q. Abeto – R. Mapa – Tabucan – Avanceña – JV Jocson – Rizal Arevalo – Yulo – Sto Niño Norte – Calaparan – Calumpang – San Juan – Boulevard - Lopez-Jaena, (Baluarte) – Ledesma St – Iznart St – Rizal St – Gen Hughes – Sto. Rosario – Calasan – and will end at Iloilo City Fire Station.
9:00am -10:00am - Liturgical Mass
BFP6 Ground Area, Gen. M. Peralta Dr., Iloilo City
followed by Opening Program
11:30am -Simultaneous Blowing of Firetruck Sirens in 5 minutes by all units regionwide
Month-long activity to be observed by all BFP units/offices regionwide.
- Open – House: Familiarization In the use of firetrucks, EMS vehicles and its accessories
- Media Interview;
- Information dissemination drive/distribution of information materials;
Posting of fire prevention streamer with fire prevention slogan with this year Theme/Slogan; “Sunog at Sakuna Paghandaan, Kalikasan ay Pangalagaan Nang
Matamasa ang Pag-Unlad ng Bayan”
- Fire Prevention lectures/seminars, fire drills & training of Vol. Fire Brigade.
- Fire Safety Awareness Campaign in all level of schools with Berong Bombero, with emphasis on elementary school;
- Fire Prevention Inspections of all types of occupancies:
House to house Fire Safety Inspection for single and two family dwellings taking into consideration the following: Fire safety measure at home, Fire escape plan, Exit Drill in the Home (EDITH), & How to use fire extinguisher.
- Testing of Fire Hydrants;
- Enhancement of Fire Disaster control and emergency evaluation planning;
- Monitoring of Fire Hazard operations/ structures and premises in the area; and
- Identification of fire prone areas and conduct of Pre-fire planning to areas identified.
- Conduct of refresher training course to all Volunteer Fire Brigade
and Brgy Disaster Control Brigade within the AOR. Organization /establishment of Company fire brigade in all establishment employing 50 of more personnel.
- Fire truck Visibility shall be conduct every day at 0900H-100H.
March 2-5, 2013 - Media Mileage ( TV & Radio exposure emphasizing importance of fire safety)
- Fire Safety Awareness Campaign (Ugnayan sa Barangay) and visibility
image building campaign which must constitute the above month-long activity)
March 13, 2013 - Regional Evaluation of Provincial winners of the following contest:
- Poster Making Contest – for High School Students
- Photo contest – open to all amateur photographers
- Essay Writing contest – for High School Students
- Drawing Contest – for Elementary Students
March 20, 2013 - Blood Letting Activity (Tentative )
(9:00 am) BFP6 Ground Area, Gen. M. Peralta Dr., Iloilo City
March 23-24, 2013 - Modified Fire Olympics (2 days)
(Day 1) – Simultaneous activities:
Firefighting —————— Brgy San Rafael, Mandurriao,(fronting Ateneo)
WASAR ———————– Esplanade Area, Diversion Rd., I.C.
Vehicular Extrication —–Jaro Plaza, fronting of Jaro Cathedral
High-Angle Rescue ——- Carlos Uy Building, Diversion Rd., I.C.
(Day 2) – Mass Casualty Incidence — Plaza Libertad, fronting City Hall Bldg. I.C.
April 1, 2013 - Awarding & Culminating Ceremonies.
(9:00 am) BFP6 Ground Area, Gen. M. Peralta Drive, Iloilo City